Disclosure: Please note that links to merchants mentioned within this post might be using an affiliate link which means that - at zero cost to you - I might earn a commission if you buy something through my links. I never recommend anything I don’t personally use and fully stand behind.
Have you ever wanted to differentiate yourself from the others and give your website and/or blog the “WOW Effect”? Maybe you wanted to dabble in graphic design but do not know how? Do not feel bad if you answered yes, because the fact is unless you have the education or experience in graphics design this seems like an impossible dream. You may have even tried programs like Photoshop or CorelDraw with little to no luck. I have a graphics design background and even I found those programs to be a bit challenging.
The good news is I have recently found a great program that helps you look like a pro. When I first heard about this, I was completely skeptical. This is an online program that is specifically designed to make anyone look like a skilled graphics designer. I rolled my eyes and said yea right! My curiosity got the best of me and I decided to try it. Holy cow!
I could not believe how easy this program was. In this review, I will cover:
- What is Canva Pro?
- What can you do with this program? (I’ll show you some of mine)
- What do you get for the cost?
1. What is Canva Pro?
As I mentioned above, it is an online design platform that allows you to create beautiful and creative content effortlessly. You can create designs for online use as well as for print. You can store and organize all of your content easily right in the program.
Whether it’s just you or hundreds of people in your business, Canva Pro will meet your needs. All you have to do is sign-up using your email or Facebook account and you are ready to rock & roll. It really is THAT simple. Click here to get started.
Even though I have a background and knowledge in graphics design, I prefer the ease of this program. Its simplistic design takes the guesswork out of it. If you can “drag and drop” you are in business. They offer the following:
- Uploads (For your own content)
- Different texts
- App integration (Social Media, online storage, etc.)
- Folders (To help keep you organized)
It does take a little getting used to when using Canva, but it really is an amazing program. The fact that it is free makes it totally worth at least giving it a try. You have nothing to lose. Give it a try here.
If you aren’t exactly sure about how to do something, Canva will teach you. There are a ton of videos that you can watch that will show you what you can do. For tutorials and to see what you can do click here.
2. What can you do with this program?
You will have access to a library with over 60 million photos, videos, audios, etc. If you want to use your own content, you can easily upload it right into your account from your own personal devices. There are over 420,000 different templates right at your fingertips that you can just drag and drop. You will have access to over 3,000 premium fonts and you can add your own too!
Need a branding kit? Canva Pro has you covered there too! You can store your logo, brand colors, unique fonts as well. You can set up different folders for each type of project to help you stay as organized as possible. There is a ton of storage for you to upload your own material and store your creations.
What really helps Canva Pro stand out from all the others is its built-in Content Planner. You can create and publish for your social media content straight from the Canva Editor. Their social media partners include:
- And the list keeps growing.
Want to add animation to your designs or resize content? Canva Pro has your covered there too. If you have ever dreamed of beautiful and innovative graphics for your sites, this really is the best place to go.
Here are a couple of graphics that I have made for my blog recently.
I have talked a lot about Canva for the graphics aspect, but you can also use it for other business and personal needs. You can make the following:
- Designs for shirts
- Make a professional resume
- Make a wedding, birthday, holiday, or any type of occasion invitations or cards
- I use Canva heavily for making my lesson plans, class schedules, worksheets, and presentations. If you are a K-12 teacher or university instructor, you will LOVE Canva.
- Canva is great for business essentials such as logos, flyers, business cards, branding, marketing material, proposals, invoices, templets, infographics, menus, newsletters, presentations, and much more.
As I mentioned earlier, Canva provides lots of tutorials and how-tos. I would highly encourage you to check out their design school with Dr. Talaya Waller here.
3. What do you get for the cost?
I hope you are sitting down for this. Canva is FREE! Seriously, it is free to use.
If you are on the fence and not sure if this is for you, why not try it out? You have nothing to lose. Really! I have made some really neat things. I am actually working on a personal planner for myself right now.
They have the following plans:
- Free – Great for individuals and small teams to create content and documents. It is FREE!
- Pro – Great for individuals and small teams who want more advanced tools and content. It’s only $9.95/month, billed annually or $12.95/month, billed monthly.
- Enterprise – For large businesses that want advanced brand tools and collaboration opportunities. Create on-brand marketing and internal content with customizable and integrated design tools. It’s only $30/month, billed annually.
- Education – Excellent tools to have as a K12 or university instructor. Register with your credentials for free.
- Nonprofit – Create high-impact social media graphics, marketing materials, and much more. Canva Pro is free for any registered non-profit organization.
Because of how awesome this program is, I signed up for Canva Pro so I could unlock everything. While I am an educator, I am also a business. With Canva Pro I get it all. I’m greedy like that. I can assure you after you have had the opportunity to try it out for yourself you will be unable to resist upgrading to Canva Pro.
I’m sure you are asking why would I pay for Canva Pro when I get it so much for free. Here’s why!
Are you excited to get started and jump in with both feet? I know I was. Once you get the hang of it, you will love the versatility that you will receive from this program. Why pay a third-party graphics designer when you can do it yourself easily? If you still aren’t completely sold, try it out for 30 days. You won’t be sorry. Click below for your 30-day trial. Happy Creating!